14 October 2009

So much progress it's unbelievable!!!

I don't even know where to start.  But I'll begin with the first bit of news, and that is that I have my own login for the computer network.  I received my lovely username and password in the mail yesterday.  This opened up a lot of possibilities for me.  It meant that I now had a uni-tuebingen email address, that I could log into the system and get the readings for one of my classes, and that I could print out my proof of matriculation so that I could buy my semester bus pass.

This may not seem exciting for you, but there it means major progress on my end.  Now that I have a bus pass, I no longer have to pay 4 Euros every time I want to go visit my friends up in WHO (where most of the dorms are).  It also means that I can visit my family in Germany for the low, low price of 1.80.  My family lives just outside of the area that my Semesterticket covers, which means I have to pay for the bus on the last stretch.  It's not that bad really and to be honest, if I got all the way to Beuron, they would probably come pick me up instead of making me take the bus, but it's good to know I've got options. So all in all, things are looking up on the bureaucracy front.

My cold has progressed into an at times disgusting sounding cough.  Good thing I bought throat and cough tea - whatever the heck that is supposed to do.  At least it's no longer in my sinuses, which is a good thing.  AND, I'm able to sleep through the night without waking myself up coughing or unable to breath.

My foot - well it's definitely bruised and swollen. I would post pictures, but for some reason bruises don't show up well in pictures - who knew.  It feels better today, and since I'm going to spend the day inside reading, I would be aggravating the injury. I just feel like a bit of a moron.  Whatever.

Finally - it's cold here.  And I mean really cold.  Like winter jacket cold.  Like I'm wearing two sweaters and a jacket and tights under my jeans cold.  I do not want to see what winter is going to be like. I haven't lived in a cold place in a long time, but all I can say is that it's not normal for it to be below freezing in October.  NOT NORMAL.

Ok...back to reading.

No comments: