27 October 2009

Classes begin - finally

Lest you think I do nothing here but go to parties, and complain about my neighbors, I do actually have some positive, non-complaining things to say about what's going on here.  :)

Yesterday I had my first class.  It was a basic introduction class, going over the syllabus and talking about requirements.  Today I'm going to the professor's office hours to make sure that I'm in the class as an auditor, so that I'm not expected to do anything more than show up and read.  To be honest since I'm reading and writing every day in preparation for my PhD exams, I don't really have the time until after December to really focus on any other writing.  I've already read a good chunk of what we're reading in the middle section of this class, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of those discussions.

Tomorrow is my long day.  I have two German classes and a course on the Sublime in the department of German literature.  I need to make sure with that professor after class that being an auditor in that class is ok as well.  I have read almost everything on that syllabus for my PhD exam list on the Sublime, which means I'm really kind of interested to see what comes out of the discussions and I think it will be good preparation for my exam.  If I can summarize my notes at the end of every week and put them together with the notes I've already taken on these works, I think it will be a solid set of notes to draw on for my exams.

Speaking of my exams.  I finished a book last night, and will likely finish another one tonight, as well as being close to done on 2-3 others.  The end is in sight.

No comments: