02 October 2009

Short post...

I have to make this quick because the stores here are going to close for the whole weekend shortly.  Tomorrow is "Tag der deutschen Einheit" which means it's a federal holiday, which further means that all of the stores will be closed.  AND...since all of the stores are already closed on Sundays, well, you do the math.  Basically, if I want to eat anything other than potatoes, instant soup mix or yogurt, I've got to get it now.  So I'm off to the store.

But before I go, I will report on a couple of bits of exciting news.



First, I was able to matriculate on Thursday.  Hopefully it all goes as planned, because honestly, I don't know what I would do if it didn't.  This means that sometime next week, I will get my password for using the internet, and sometime the week after that I will get my official student ID card.

Second, I'm done with my language course.  Hopefully the final test went well, but really, I don't need the credits or a grade.  I was taking it for myself, and not because of any sort of requirement.  I enjoyed the class even if I didn't really enjoy all of the people in the class.  Tonight is our final party, and we have purchased gifts for our teacher and our tutor.  Nothing big, but a couple of nice thank you gifts.

Finally.  Today is my husband's birthday.  It was hard enough being on my own for my birthday last weekend, but with his birthday following mine so closely it's doubly hard.  I skyped with him last night and he's going out with some of our friends tonight.  I'm also going to be here for our wedding anniversary in November, but I think we're going to try to eat dinner/lunch together over skype on that day.  I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments: