10 October 2009

8000 Rubber Duckies


Today was the Tuebinger Entenrennen which is basically a race of 8000 rubber duckies along the Neckar river.  People purchase entry into the race by buying a duck.  They don't get to keep the duck, but for the first 400 ducks there is some sort of prize, for the very first duck there is an even bigger prize.  The ducks - ie entry into the race - costs 3 Euros, and all of the money goes to help social programs in the area.

The photos aren't great, because it's hard to get good clear pictures of 8000 rubber ducks swimming down a river, but they will give you a sense of what the event was like.

In other news - I'm still sick.  My cold has moved into my sinuses - as they always do - but right now it's just pain and pressure, not an infection.  I tried to get the pharmacist to give me some sort of decongestant today, but she said that everything I was doing should work.  I talked to another american who came down with a cold shortly after she arrived, and found out the name of the product she got that actually has the same active ingredient as real sudafed, so on Monday, if it's not significantly better, I'll try to grab some of that.

1 comment:

Andrew Byers said...

I love it when doctors and pharmacists don't want to actually help their patients get better.

That's great that you now have the name of a medicine that should help.