23 November 2009

Notes on the weekend and upcoming posts

I spent this last weekend visiting my father's family about an hour south of here (60-80km depending on who you ask).  For the first time I didn't spend the night with my dad's cousin Hans and his family, but instead with his cousin Lydia.  Since my great-aunt died, they have left the upstairs set up like a small apartment for guests and for when her granddaughters come to visit.  It was comfortable, but a little sad, especially since the last time I was there 7 years ago, my great-aunt was still alive.

Anyway, the first day I got to the train station at 2:10 and was picked up by my cousin Sieglinde and her daughter Annika.  I spent the rest of the day with her family.  The second day I went to Wurmlingen - very nearby - and spent the day with Sieglinde's sister Ingeborg and her daughter Lena.  The last day my dad's cousin Hans picked me up and I spent the day with Hans, Hedi and their son Frank.  All in all it was a nice trip and I came home with two pork steaks and freshly made wurst since they had just slaughtered a pig at the butcher.  (That's what you get when you if "auf dem Land.")

There's more to tell, but I have some other work to do before my class tomorrow.  I'm busy reading and writing both for classes and for my exams which I will be taking on the 8th and 10th of December, so until then here are a couple of teasers for upcoming posts.
  • The student protests going on in Europe.
  • Additional details about my visit to the "Mühle" and the "Heuberg"
  • An update on my awesome presentations for classes

No comments: