03 September 2009

Less than a Week

This time next week I'll be on a train somewhere between Zuerich and Tuebingen.  If something awful happens, the train stops not far from where my family lives, so I can always get off and call them.  :)  At some point I'll need to start packing.

The car is gone, though I know where the owner lives so I can drive by and stalk my car at any time.  But really I thought the separation anxiety would be worse.  It helps that a friend of ours is also leaving the country for a year and left his car with us, so we haven't been without a car.  I think you could be without a car in this area, it would just be really difficult to stock up on the groceries and buy provisions for our party on Saturday without one.

And I got a haircut.  I needed something that would be easy and for which I wouldn't need a blowdryer.  Behold the short hair.  I'm still playing around with it.  The clip in the front makes it a little more me.  You can't see it in this picture, but it's there.  Yesterday I wore a scarf and had the bangs peeking out the front.  I've had hair this short before, but I haven't had bangs in years.  All part of the grand adventure.

I have to go to campus today for one last meeting.  We have an annual meeting with the DGS and Chair to talk about how bad the budget situation is and blah blah blah....so that's today at 2pm.  Headed out soon to get some reading done while I'm on campus.  Yea!! Reading!!!!

No comments: