09 August 2009

One Month to Go

I’m hoping to use this blog as a means of tracking my year abroad. When I went abroad as an undergrad about 12 years ago (jebus that’s a long time ago) there was not the level of technology available to keep an electronic and publicly available log of my trip. Now, as a graduate student, I have a digital camera, a wireless internet connection, and a laptop – AND a lot more people that I want to keep updated on my trip.

I leave for my research year abroad in exactly 1 month, and in that month I have so much to do. And this is not just purchasing some additional clothing, packing, and making sure I can carry my bags. Here's what remains that is not specifically travel related:
  • Dental Appts
  • Meeting with Advisor
  • Reading for my PhD exams (which will continue abroad)
  • Taking notes for my PhD exams (which will continue abroad)
  • Making sure my husband doesn't starve while I'm gone
I'm sure there's more, but this is a preliminary list. blah....

No comments: