21 May 2014

So much to post....so little time

Photo of me at my new favorite cafe
After an orientation weekend, where we had several injuries on a misguided bike ride and one student went home for "personal" reasons, we started classes this week and things are beginning to fall into a rhythm.  My friend T. and I found a cafe two blocks away, with wifi, plenty of tables, excellent treats and fantastic coffee, which they roast themselves.  I don't know that I will ever leave this cafe.

Tomorrow I go with my students to the German Historical Museum and on Friday we will visit a museum on the Story of Berlin, housed in an old West German bunker.  My students are putting together an amazing timeline of events related to both Germany generally and Berlin specifically.  If you want to take a look at it, you can find a version of it here: http://sites.duke.edu/easbyers/berlin-since-the-war-timeline-project/

Tonight we are going to a performance by the German Philharmonic Orchestra.  Photos and an update of that tomorrow.

I also need to do a couple of posts on the arrival itself and orientation.  They are mostly written, but for the photos.  Soon....soon.....

No comments: